Monday, September 17, 2012

A Toast! Live, Laugh and... Loaf.

My feather boa is late in arriving. As are my rhinestone stiletto heels. This could be problematic.

You see, my darling daughter is getting married in 12 short days. Tick. Tock. And, I wanna look like a million bucks!

She wants me to look like a million bucks, too, which is probably why she nixed the feather boa. (Shock of the world.) And, volunteered to take me shopping.

When she picked me up at the airport she announced that, on wedding day, our hair and make up will be done by some pro. Yikes. Let's hope she's a highly talented pro. 'Cause I need all the help I can get.

My little girl would be a stunner in a trash bag. (Which could have saved a bundle on that wedding gown. Hmmm. Why didn't we think of that sooner?)

As for me? Well, it doesn't matter how I fix my hair. I always look like I've been drinking.

Last night, I tried on the pretty dress she picked out for me ~ it's a lovely, print pattern of bright, autumn colors. As I stared at myself in the mirror, I thought... Oh, man, why didn't we go with basic black?

Because that talk of feather boas is simple silliness. I was born a wallflower. Most comfy blending into the woodwork. 100% satisfied, standing on the sidelines.

It got me thinking about how I raised her right. With significantly more confidence than I'll ever possess. We may not be very much alike.  And, yet we're two peas in that proverbial pod.

The bestest of friends, in addition to being a great Mother/Daughter team.

I feel very blessed to have a child in my life who doesn't make me crazy. (Well, not all that often, anyway.) And, I think she's very blessed to have found a soul mate so early in life.

Three cheers for this happy couple :)

In the mood for a cheap thrill? Go zip-lining at Park City Mountain Resort. [Not for the faint of heart...]

Follow Me on Pinterest


7 comments:

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming wedding. Have a great time and take lots of pictures. Valerie

Laney said...

She sounds wonderful...just like her mom...congratulations to both of you (oh, and her husband-to-be, too)!

Alison said...

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! I'm much happier being a wallflower too. I'm sue you will look stunning.

Bonnie K said...

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. Don't fret, enjoy every second of it. Hair schmare, it is all about the vows and the dance afterwards.

James said...

Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Gardening Community at vorts.com? Our members will love it.
Members include: Gardeners, Gardening Enthusiasts, Experts and Horticulturists.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website...
You can also add Photos, Videos, Articles and Classifieds if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
The Gardening Community: http://www.vorts.com/gardening/
Thanks,
James Kaufman, Editor
Share something to get us through winter!

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to post something like this on my site and you have given me an idea. Cheers.

Rose said...

What a wonderful time for you, Kate! Having gone through this experience just a year ago, I can say there is nothing quite like seeing your daughter as a bride. Best wishes to the happy couple and to you! Yes, the feather boa might be a little over the top:)